Release of Patient Records
Releasing your records to you:
You may request us to provide you with access to your treatment records (including x-ray). The following sets out how we deal with a request for access:
1. Subject to the terms of this policy or any other policy of Dental Pro, we will provide you with access to your records as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request.
2. We will charge a processing fee for providing you with a copy of your records. The fee will be disclosed to you when you make a request for access to your records.
3. We will need proof of identity (valid driver’s license or passport) before providing you with any information. We reserve the right to refuse your request for access to your information if your identity is not established.
5. There are inherent risks in transmitting information electronically. Dental Pro does not guarantee the security of any electronic transmission and assumes no liability for it.
6. Any treatment record (including but not limited to x-rays) is the property of Dental Pro.
7. We will provide you with a copy of your records.
Releasing your records to other dentists or medical doctors:
The quickest and most cost effective way of accessing your records is by having your other dentist or medical doctor requesting your records directly from Dental Pro. The following is the process we require your third party dentist and/or medical doctor to follow when requesting access to your records:
1. A request must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request must:
a. Clearly set out the record(s) needed, and
b. Include the other dentist’s or medical doctor’s full name, provider number, practice name, practice address, phone number and fax number.
2. There will be no fees payable if a request for access to your records is made by a third party dentist or medical doctor.
3. We assume that you have provided your consent to your other dentist or medical doctor to access your records and we assume no liability in that regard.
4. There are inherent risks in transmitting information electronically. Dental Pro does not guarantee the security of any electronic transmission and assumes no liability for it.
5. Any treatment record (including but not limited to x-rays) is the property of Dental Pro.
6. We will provide the other dentist or medical doctor with a copy of your records.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.